Paid Visit to Cannes Lions 2019 Giveaway
Paid Visit to Cannes Lions 2019 Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO ENTRANTS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND WHO ARE A DELEGATE AT THE CANNES LIONS 2018 FESTIVAL.
The Paid Visit to Cannes Lions 2019 Giveaway (“Contest”) is sponsored by xAD, Inc. (d/b/a GroundTruth), One World Trade Center, 60th Floor, New York, NY 10007 (“Sponsor”).
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest will run during the Cannes Lions 2018 Festival.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is offered only to entrants who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and who are delegates of the Cannes Lions 2018 Festival. Employees, directors, officers, consultants, contractors, and representatives of Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, marketing agencies, and any other parties involved in the administration of the Contest (“Contest Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouses, parents, children, siblings and the “steps” of each) and all persons living in the same household of each, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor in all matters pertaining to the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, you can enter by completing the following steps:
- Log in to the onsite wi-fi offered through the Cannes Lions 2018 Festival and sponsored by Sponsor (“Sponsored Wi-Fi”).
- Opt-in when you log into the Sponsored Wi-Fi to allow Sponsor to collect and use any information you are asked to provide and any information collected by the wi-fi provider, including personal information about you and/or your device.
NOTE: By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that Sponsor may, at its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify him or her from the Contest if Sponsor decides that his or her entry fails to conform to any provision of these Official Rules.
4 .CONTEST WINNERS: Every entrant will receive one entry into the drawing for the grand prize. Entrants can only submit one entry into the grand prize drawing. The winner is deemed to be a potential winner pending verification of his or her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. RANDOM GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: On or before June 29, 2018, a winner of the grand prize will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The winner is deemed to be a potential winner pending verification of his or her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants may only qualify for one entry into a grand prize drawing.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
The following prizes will be awarded in the Contest:
- One entrant will win the grand prize of the following:
- Paid flight for one in economy class to attend the Cannes Lions 2019 Festival. Airline, originating city, destination city and times to be decided by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- One delegate badge to the Cannes Lions 2019 Festival
- Five nights’ accommodation for one during the Cannes Lions 2019 Festival at a hotel to be decided by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
General Prize Conditions: Limit of one prize per person. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and no substitution, exchange or cash equivalents will be allowed, except by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash, nor may they be transferred or offered for sale or auction. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or component of any prize with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Any prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited, and the Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of a prize for any reason. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and all other fees, costs, expenses and charges not specifically identified in these Official Rules as a prize element, are the sole responsibility of the winners. The total ARV of all prizes offered in the Contest is approximately $10,000.
7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: On or before June 29th, 2018, the potential winner of the grand prize will be sent a direct notification via the email provided in connection with his or her entry from Sponsor with instructions on how to claim the prize (“Notification”). The winner may be required to provide Sponsor with his or her contact information, which may include e-mail address, first and last name (no initials), complete street address (no PO Box) and birth date. In addition, as a condition of receiving a prize, the winner may be required to sign and return any documents requested by Sponsor, including but not limited to, an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release. Failure to sign and return any requested documents by the specified return date will result in disqualification of the winner and the forfeiture of all interest in the prize. If a winner fails or refuses to sign and return all documents within 14 days of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. It is each entrant’s responsibility to timely check his/her email account for such messages.
Upon verification of eligibility, Sponsor will provide instructions to the winner on now to collect the prize. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible; is not in compliance with these Official Rules; declines to accept the prize; or if the Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and such prize will be awarded to another entrant. The prize will be mailed to the address provided by each winner within four to six weeks from the date of verification. Contest Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason. Prizes will only be awarded to verified winners.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest or accepting a prize, entrants agree that the Contest Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, stolen, altered, garbled, incorrect, incomplete or delayed entries all of which will be void. Contest Parties are also not responsible for problems related to unauthorized human intervention or for technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or for any other technical problems including telecommunication, miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled, or misdirected communications, which may prevent the receipt of an entry or otherwise limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Contest Parties are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing if requested by Sponsor) that to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary, or consequential damages and (b) that any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
9. DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. THE PARTIES HEREBY CONSENT TO THE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE COURTS IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK, AND AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY IN THOSE COURTS. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
11. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, each entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his or her name, biographical information, prize information, and statements for Contest, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation or other consideration except where prohibited by law.
12. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Contest other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected at Sponsor’s sole discretion that an entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple email addresses, multiple identities, multiple social media accounts, proxy servers or like methods, all of that entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, and that entrant may be ineligible to win a prize. Also, if it is discovered that any entrant attempts to receive additional entries in excess of the stated limitation, that entrant may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the social media account used to submit an entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Contest may void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any Contest promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.