A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
A bit about you
As Engineering Manager, you will oversee architecture, development, maintenance, and operations of backend systems powering GroundTruth’s ad serving platform. You will be responsible for hiring and managing a team of engineers to solve critical business problems. You will collaborate with engineering and product teams to design scalable products, improve system architecture, and solve operational challenges. This is a high-impact role with the opportunity to contribute to core revenue-generating systems which drive the company’s bottom line.
- Work closely with engineering and product leaders to establish technical approach, timing, and resourcing for strategic roadmap initiatives
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders on cross-functional projects
- Be responsible for planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Hire, mentor, and manage a team of engineers, including coaching and scheduling
- Support team members in career growth and development via performance reviews, constructive feedback, and goal setting
- Identify and solve operational challenges and otheropportunities for improvement
- Demonstrate technical leadership in promoting best engineering practices and upholding a standard of coding and architectural excellence
- 10+ years of experience in software development, including 2+ years in a management role, preferably working with remote teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field), or 13+ years of experience in software development
- Demonstrated experience in driving projects end to end, including gathering requirements, scoping, design, execution, and post-deployment maintenance
- Strong leadership, problem solving, architecture, and system design skills
- Experience in hiring, mentoring, and performance management
- The ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in Java, Scala, or C++
- Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with AWS ecosystem
- Prior ad tech experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.