A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
A bit about you
As Technical Lead of Serving, you will lead a team of engineers responsible for design, development, maintenance, and operations of key pipelines responsible for driving GroundTruth’s revenue. This is a hybrid role, with the opportunity to contribute as both a manager and an individual contributor. You will make hiring decisions, manage a team of engineers, and interface with colleagues across India and US offices. At the same time, you will also write code, participate in code review, and dive in to solve operational challenges. Your work will be immediately impactful as you develop features, safeguard mission-critical systems, and ultimately drive GroundTruth’s bottom line.
- Write clean, testable code with an emphasis on performance and maintainability
- Hire, mentor, and manage engineers to deliver software solutions to business problems
- Safeguard mission-critical systems, ensuring high reliability and availability
- Tune complex systems to achieve key performance benchmarks
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, architects, and product owners to build highly reliable, scalable systems
- Identify areas of improvement and propose solutions
- Participate in code review
- Work on mission-critical systems that make up GroundTruth’s next-generation ad serving platform
- Organized and Thorough
- Adaptive and Flexible
- Collaborative and Cooperative
- Passionate and Proactive
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- A strong grasp of fundamental data structures and algorithms
- Experience in C++, and fluency in at least one C-style language such as C++ or Java
- Experience in hiring, mentoring, and managing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in at least one of the following areas
- Spatial Indexing
- Distributed Systems
- Server-side platforms and data infrastructure
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies/tools
- Big data/streaming technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, EMR)
- NoSQL data stores (e.g. Aerospike, DynamoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- Performance analysis and profile tools (e.g. valgrind, oprofile, perf)
- Multi-threaded, event-driven servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx, Boost::asio)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.