A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
A bit about you
As the Manager of Full Stack Engineering, you will oversee the development, implementation, maintenance, and operations of Groundtruth applications. You will collaborate with cross functional teams across the GT. This high impact role will have an opportunity to lead a team to help design and build our applications portfolio and work with emerging UI and backend technologies using AWS cloud services.
A bit about you
- Proactively work to develop the skills and behaviors of each team member, coaching and mentoring them toward success in their tasks and careers
- Collaborate with management, stakeholders, and the team to evaluate, plan, and deliver projects involving advertising software systems, components, and features
- Promote transparency regarding the team’s activities across the organization through documentation, structured processes, and effective communications
- Facilitate the team’s learning, growth, and maturity in their agile practices
- Lead by example writing production-ready front-end and backend-code with a continuous delivery & deployment pipeline on AWS
- Support employees by having regular 1:1 conversations, providing feedback, planning for and conducting quarterly reviews, scheduling time-off, facilitating training, providing recognition, and managing any personal or performance issues
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt
- Not afraid of new technologies and driven to learn
- A detail-oriented person, who catches problems early and adjusts
- A strong communicator who is able to collaborate with multiple business and engineering stakeholders and work through conflicting needs
- A problem solver who likes to dive deep into a problem, diagnose root causes and work with multiple teams to come up with a solution
- Eager to provide direction and build consistent processes in a maturing start-up culture
- A self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision
- 10+ years professional experience in hands-on backend or front-end development
- 2+ years of professional experience directly managing engineers
- Bachelor (4 year) degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, or related field
- Experience designing and evaluating trade-offs in the development of production systems
- Proven ability to optimize performance and cost in a high-volume / low-latency environment
- Knowledge of one or more of these technologies: UI, rest services, API’s, ETLs, cloud infrastructure, real-time and batch systems
- Proficiency in the Agile development life cycle like Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Experience successfully initiating and managing projects
- Have related industry experience in ad tech or marketing
- Have a masters, post-graduate, or doctorate in a related field
- Have an accredited certificate as AWS Architect, Developer, or DevOps Engineer
- Have an accredited certificate in project management such as PMI PMP
- Have an accredited certificate in agile software development, scrum, or kanban
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.