A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
A bit about you
GroundTruth is forming a new infrastructure team that will empower developers to significantly increase their productivity and performance. You and your team would be the agents of change to standardize platform and processes to help developers build faster while still having sensible guardrails. Your team would be responsible for building the tooling (or buy where it makes sense), for operationally mature cloud-native dev workflows. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to: improving and standardizing CI/CD pipelines; maintaining prod, staging, QA environments; tooling for operations alerting/monitoring systems; tooling for cost and security aware dev workflows; introducing/improving distributed testing/observability paradigms like standardized distributed tracing/failure-injection/chaos-testing/regression testing; build dashboards for operational analytics; evangelizing these processes across technology teams; training and mentoring other engineering teams in these practices. In summary, you and your team enables every other team at GT to build better.
- Develop software and tools in your impact areas.
- Be a trailblazer and an evangelist for proposing dev workflow, technologies.
- Perform data-to-day troubleshooting with engineering teams in your impact areas.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with SRE and engineers on various teams.
- Practice what you preach – follow best practices to document, develop, test, deploy.
- Partner with dev leads to understand workflow automation needs and service level objectives.
- Measure impact of efforts and course correct when necessary.
- Be available for off-hours pages for support.
- 12+ years of experience in software development/IT of which 7+ years in release engineering/infrastructure/platform/SRE/DevOps-support.
- 3+ years’ experience leading or managing teams.
- 3+ years’ experience on public cloud deployments, IAAS using CloudFormation/CDK/CodeDeploy or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience with CI/CD for cloud, build and release tools like Maven/Make.
- Experience with Docker, container deployments strategies like blue/green, canary, or similar technologies.
- Motivation to keep yourself and your team up to date by adopting/experimenting with technology.
- Nice to have: Experience with alerting, monitoring and observability tools.
- Nice to have: Experience with distributed testing/cloud-based regression testing.
- Nice to have: Some hands-on with Kubernetes deployments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.