A bit about us
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
A bit about you
As a Senior Account Executive on Direct Sales team
- Establish key agency and client direct relationships, engaging client contacts and decision makers at all levels, and identifying and pitching sales opportunities within the rapidly growing mobile marketing advertising sector.
- Manage a territory, including building a plan of action, prioritizing business opportunities, effectively manage sales pipeline, and following-up with leads in a timely fashion.
- Present WeatherBug’s value proposition in a compelling manner.
- Build strong relationships with teams internally (including Operations, Account Management, etc) and partner cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure best in class client service.
- Evaluate large business decisions with managers, review potential solutions, collaborate and choose the best solutions/course of action.
- Act as a thought leader, by taking initiative to keep up with industry news and trends and sharing with the team.
- A motived self-starter who is comfortable working in a home office and can prioritize their time.
- A strong seller, relationship manager, negotiator, communicator, and closer.
- A highly collaborative team player, with the ability to work well with sales, pre-sale, account management and technology teams.
- A creative and self-sufficient problem solver that can find solutions to common day to day situations.
- A top-notch communicator who is adept at influencing, persuading and conveying ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while generating excitement and enthusiasm.
- Able to think strategically and translate that strategy into effective tactics.
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling, and the ability to “push back” gracefully.
- Able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations.
- 3 – 5 years of experience from digital sales or digital ad agency, preferably mobile.
- Experience with or adjacent to the verticals of CPG, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, or Home and Garden businesses.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile vendors across advertising networks, rich media vendors, mobile payments, etc is preferred.
- Large range of existing relationships and contacts with agencies and advertisers or the ability to create them.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in person and over the phone.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, an attention to detail, and an appreciation of deadlines and goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.