A bit about us
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
Seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer for our WeatherBug mobile applications on Android & iOS platforms. We’re looking for someone who is proactive and motivated as they will be responsible for performing black and white box testing as part of a tight knit, very fast moving team.
- Black box and white box testing of mobile applications
- Create and update test cases
- Prioritize and execute test cases that are focused on functionality testing, UI testing, and usability of mobile applications
- Work in a fast moving collaborative team environment, including Product and Development teams to characterize, isolate, and report software issues
- Active in process improvement initiatives
- Team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to execute job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter, with attention to detail
- Proven skills writing test plans and detailed test cases
- Proven skill in writing defects and characterizing issues
- Able to assist Engineers reproducing and debugging issues
- Familiar with mobile device types and mobile OS’s.
- Proficient with tools including Xcode, Android Studio, & Charles or Fiddler
- Experienced working with bug tracking tools (Trello, JIRA, etc.)
- Comfortable working within agile/scrum environments
- Experience testing mobile applications (Android and iOS smartphones / tablets)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4 – 6 years of mobile software QA experience
- Python scripting skills is a strong plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.