A bit about us
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
A bit about you
- Contribute to the design, development, maintenance, and support for our Data Warehouse
- Design, build, and maintain reliable data infrastructure, integrations, and pipelines to move and transform data accurately based on enterprise patterns and best practices
- Work with others to determine and document complicated business requirements and processes
- Build and optimize ETL processes for reporting and machine learning initiatives
- Apply machine learning techniques to modeling, data mining and statistical analyses.
- Use quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, and advanced statistical techniques to solve business problems
- Create data analytics models to address complex business and technical problems
- Develop custom data analysis algorithms
- Design and develop interactive dashboards, reports, and models that transform raw data into insightful information
- Design data acquisition and analysis functions to interpret data for trend analysis
- Provide creative and technical input into design and implementation.
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings.
- Participate in retrospective discussions to help continuously improve our methods.
- Explore new technologies and migrate legacy code to more efficient frameworks and structures.
- Create and maintain unit and functional tests in collaboration with the testing team.
- Provide operational support of your deployed code.
- Take on other duties as assigned
- A problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- A strong communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- A team player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technically adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 2+ years of experience in software development or data engineering
- Experience working on Analytics and Business Intelligence focused initiatives.
- Experience using Python (or other scripting languages) and the supporting analysis libraries/ecosystem to extract and manipulate data
- Experience creating software applications using C/C++, R, or similar languages
- 2+ years of experience in creating complex SQL queries and functions, data structures and strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of query performance tuning and index design (SQL Server preferred)
- Knowledge of real and near-time data streaming and event-based data processing
- Experience with developing and using data collection tools and providing data reports
- Experience with gathering and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
Would be great if you have:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems or equivalent
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (Hadoop/Cloudera)
- Experience with various AWS services (Redshift, S3, Glue, Athena, Spectrum, Cloudwatch, Lambda, Kinesis, DMS, etc)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.