A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
A bit about you
GroundTruth platform consists of database of point-of-interests, real-time handling of location data, data science and user interface for advertisement campaigns. As a software engineer in GroundTruth R&D team, you will build solutions that add new capabilities to the platform.
- Learn location-based advertising domain
- Prepare detailed specifications and low-level design
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline for the GroundTruth location platform
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Analytics and Client Services teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Participate in code reviews
- Test the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Maintain the application once it is live
- Contribute ideas to improve the location platform
- B.Tech./B.E./M.Tech./MCA or equivalent in computer science
- 2-3 years of experience running an online operation, Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift,S3,Athena
- Must be proficient in GIT, Jenkins, CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Rest
- Any Experience in big data technologies like Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig is a plus
- Knowledge of Postgres
- Knowledge of shell scripting and Perl
- Experience with BI tools like looker, Tableau
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Dockers
- Configuration management and QA practices
Our teams are geographically dispersed, where R&D teams in US, Canada and India regularly interface with each other and developers are required to travel to US. GroundTruth employees are empowered to voice their opinions and ideas. We reward hard work, support career development and offer comprehensive benefits. We encourage employees to have a healthy work-life balance. To support that we foster a fun & friendly work environment and provide flexible working hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.