A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
WeatherBug, a fully owned division of GroundTruth, is a major weather app with a strong presence in the US and is rapidly expanding in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. WeatherBug is a top-rated weather app, with more than 15 million monthly active users.
- Create cross browser responsive user interfaces.
- Provide creative and technical input into design and implementation.
- Translate complex business needs and problems into innovative technical solutions.
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings.
- Participate in retrospective discussions to help continuously improve our methods.
- Explore new technologies and migrate legacy code to more efficient frameworks and structures.
- Create detailed and comprehensive design and functional specifications from basic requirements.
- Create and maintain unit and functional tests in collaboration with the testing team.
- Provide operational support of your deployed code.
- Take on other duties as assigned
- A problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- A strong communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- A team player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Passionate about technology
- Technically adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 6+ years of experience in software development
- Working knowledge of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, and responsive web sites.
- Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency, web or client applications.
- MS degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience creating highly scalable micro-services utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with user experience / user-centric design / atomic design
- Experience with React, Redux, React Native
- Experience with Android (Java/Kotlin)
- Experience with iOS (Objective-C)
- Experience with C#, ASP.net Core
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with the development of geospatially based interfaces, including the use of GeoJSON, MapBox, Leaflet
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What we offer
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.