A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Data Science Manager
San Francisco, CA or New York, NY or Remote (US) | Data Science
A bit about you
- Hire, grow and lead a team of high functioning data scientists.
- Collaborate with management, stakeholders, and the team to evaluate, plan, and deliver data driven solutions to advertising and location data problems.
- Brainstorm POCs, evaluate product impact and success criteria, write and review Design Docs, provide technical guidance to the team (sometimes writing code), and review code.
- Promote transparency regarding the team’s activities across the organization through documentation, structured processes, and effective communications
- Support employees by having regular 1:1 conversations, providing feedback, planning for and conducting quarterly reviews, scheduling time-off, facilitating training, providing recognition, and managing any personal or performance issues
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt.
- A data driven person who thinks data and uses data to drive solutions.
- Excellent in identifying actionable items from data and telling data driven stories.
- A problem solver likes to dive deep into a problem, brainstorm and work with multiple teams to come up with a solution.
- A self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision
- 10+ years professional experience in data science, analytics
- 2+ years of professional experience directly managing ICs
- Experience building the entire ML pipeline.
- Experience successfully initiating and managing data projects
- Hands-on experience in Python, SQL.
- Experience working with large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems like Spark and AWS Ecosystem.
- Have related industry experience in ad tech or marketing
- Have a masters, post-graduate, or doctorate in a related field
This is our ideal wishlist, but most people don't check every box on every job description. If you meet most of the criteria below, we'd love to hear from you. GroundTruth is a growth-orientated environment, and we believe that skills for the job can and should be cultivated on the day to day.
What we offer
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.