A bit about us
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Software Engineer (React Native/iOS)
Germantown, MD or Remote (US) | Engineering
This role is for the WeatherBug Mobile engineering team, which is a team of highly skilled people using the latest mobile technologies to build high quality mobile applications for consumers.
Experienced professionals who work on and help to define assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity with limited supervision. Although they may occasionally need help themselves, these employees often provide guidance and assistance to less experienced staff members.
A bit about you
- Write production-ready code and tests
- Analyze requirements to design, document, estimate, and build features
- Participate in code-reviews for quality, stability, maintainability, and supportability
- Provide operational support for production systems
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or related field OR 6+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience using iOS application programming tools (Objective-C/Swift, XCode, Interface Builder, Cocoapods, SPM, CoreData, Networking)
- 2+ years of experience on an Agile team
- 1+ years of experience using React Native
- Proven track record of delivering large scale projects
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles, patterns, best practices, performance optimizations, and memory management.
- Demonstrated ability in performing fundamental CS tasks including algorithm design, object-oriented design, runtime analysis, adherence to code quality standards
Would be great if you have:
- Masters, post-graduate, or doctorate in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of the advertising industry to accelerate our engineering efforts and help build efficient solutions that meet the business needs
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.