A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Chicago, IL or Remote (US) | Account Management
A bit about you
Account Managers at GroundTruth are product experts that work in tandem with our Account Executives to keep our client’s success at the core of everything they do. Account Managers are expected to provide the highest level of strategic pre-sale planning (account planning/media planning) and post-sale (insights) customer support, while remaining focused on driving client KPIs. The Account Manager will provide superior customer service, resulting in the flawless execution of their campaigns against their client’s KPIs. This role requires a high degree of customer focus, standards of communication, numerical analysis, and project management.
- Own pre and post-sale operations support for the direct sales organization.
- Utilize campaign data analytics and insights (i.e. best practices, historical performance data, case studies, analytics tools, and campaign history) to enhance account team and client knowledge, build strategic account plans, and drive a successful sales strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the data and use that data to “tell a story” to a client through reportable insights, wrap up reports, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations, acting as a point of contact for existing customers both direct and via media agencies and agency trading desks.
- Recognize upsell opportunities; lead and influence clients to invest when opportunities arise.
- Support the Account Executive throughout sales process by being an active participant on client meetings, navigate and influence clients’ personnel (planners and buyers) and compliment client objectives with suite of corresponding GroundTruth products.
- Be an expert in the vertical you work on and understand all challenges not only within that vertical, but the industry as a whole.
- Client Facing: Comfortable working in a client facing role in a fast-paced environment with frequent pressure to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strategic: Understand components of selling opportunities and be able to articulate at a client level.
- Analytical thinker: Digest data, make conclusions and recommendations.
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer; takes charge and feels ownership.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- A great communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- 2 – 3 years media experience in client facing role.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Office Suite, PowerPoint or Keynote, and Salesforce.
- Technical aptitude: you're not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn them.
What we offer
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.