A bit about us
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Senior Software Development Engineer In Test
Sunnyvale, CA or New York, NY or Remote (US or Canada) | Engineering
A bit about you
Seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test for our WeatherBug applications team which supports iOS & Android mobile apps and web platforms. We’re looking for someone who is proactive and motivated as they will be part of a team responsible for designing, developing, managing, and maintaining an automation infrastructure including build server and test infrastructure.
- Design, program, and continually improve the mobile app or web test automation systems.
- Work with the team to create short term and long-term test automation objectives.
- Decompose objectives into actionable tasks.
- Work with the team to prioritize, coordinate, and execute automation tasks.
- Work in a collaborative team environment, including global development teams to accomplish short-term and long-term objectives.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Provide assistance and guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Possibly design, program, maintain, and continually improve the build system environments for mobile and web applications.
- An excellent problem solver.
- A great communicator and coordinator.
- A team player.
- A self-starter.
- Able to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of test automation experience.
- Expertise with Appium, Jenkins, Python, Groovy, and AWS cloud computing environments.
- Solid understanding of computer programming, software development, build system, and test environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in complex software environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience testing mobile and web applications.
Would be great if you have:
- MS degree in Computer Science (or related field).
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD) experience.
- Experience with user experience / user-centric design.
- Experience with build system environments.
- Expertise with Spinnaker.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.