A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Role: Sr. Engineering Manager
Location: Gurgaon, IN/ Remote
About the advertising serving systems team
The advertising serving systems team is responsible for developing and maintaining our real-time advertising serving systems including responding to bid-requests from SSPs and exchanges using Open RTB as well as delivering ads and processing event notifications from our inventory partners and rendered ad units. Our advertising platform currently receives ~500k transactions per second in bid volume on AWS infrastructure typically responding to external bid requests in under 30ms. This is a high-volume low-latency system and the team focuses on technical excellence in Java, Scala, and Akka using AWS infrastructure. We seek to continuously improve cost performance while bringing new features to market for our customers.
Responsibilities of the role
- Proactively work to develop the skills and behaviors of each team member, coaching and mentoring them toward success in their tasks and careers
- Collaborate with management, stakeholders, and the team to evaluate, plan, and deliver projects involving advertising software systems, components, and features
- Promote transparency regarding the team’s activities across the organization through documentation, structured processes, and effective communications
- Facilitate the team’s learning, growth, and maturity in their agile practices
- Lead by example writing production-ready front-end and backend-code with a continuous delivery & deployment pipeline on AWS
- Support employees by having regular 1:1 conversations, providing feedback, planning for and conducting quarterly reviews, scheduling time-off, facilitating training, providing recognition, and managing any personal or performance issues
- Education and professional experience:
- 10+ years experience in technology and a leader
- The following skills/certifications: Java, Scala, Akka, AWS, Git
- Additional nice to have skills/certifications: Grizzly, Netty, Vert.x, NIO, Python, Apache Web Server, Nginx, Protocol Buffers, HAProxy, Aerospike, Redis, Kinesis
Cultural fit at GroundTruth
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt
- Not afraid of new technologies and driven to learn
- A detail-oriented person, who catches problems early and adjusts
- A strong communicator who is able to collaborate with multiple business and engineering stakeholders and work through conflicting needs
- A problem solver who likes to dive deep into a problem, diagnose root causes and work with multiple teams to come up with a solution
- Eager to provide direction and build consistent processes in a maturing start-up culture
- A self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision
What we offer
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.