A bit about us
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Engineering Manager, Web – WeatherBug
Remote (US) | WeatherBug
A bit about you
- Oversee the architecture, development, maintenance, and operations of systems powering WeatherBug’s consumer website
- Support technical innovation and lead the creation, continual refinement, and active adoption of our development standards.
- Work closely with engineering and product leaders to establish technical approach, timing, and resourcing for strategic roadmap initiatives
- Be responsible for code quality, architecture and technical direction of the team.
- Proactively work to develop the skills and behaviors of each team member. Perform 1:1s to coach and mentor them toward success in their tasks and careers and managing any personal or performance issues
- Promote transparency regarding the team’s activities across the organization through documentation, structured processes, and effective communications
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- A leader who will be responsible for hiring and managing a team of engineers to solve critical business problems
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt
- Not afraid of new technologies and driven to learn
- A detail-oriented person, who catches problems early and adjusts
- A strong communicator who is able to collaborate with multiple business and engineering stakeholders and work through conflicting needs
- A problem solver who likes to dive deep into a problem, diagnose root causes and work with multiple teams to come up with a solution
- A self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 13 years of experience in software development
- 10+ years of experience in software development, including 2+ years in a management role, preferably working with remote teams
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Experience in mentoring and supporting peers across multiple engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices
- 6+ years of experience using git or other distributed source control systems
- Experience with ReactJS and AngularJS
- Experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with Unit Testing
Would be great if you have:
- Masters, post-graduate, or doctorate in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of the weather industry to accelerate our engineering efforts and help build efficient solutions that meet the business needs
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with C# / ASP.NET / .net Core
- Fluency with CI/CD tool sets such as: Jenkins, CloudFormation, GitHub, Spinnaker
- Experience with creating libraries/packages and deploying them to NPM
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with mobile apps
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of WeatherBug. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
The salary range for this position will be USD $170,000 – $190,000. The base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. Our compensation package also includes a comprehensive benefits platform offering and a company bonus.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.