A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Account Executive – Atlanta
Atlanta, GA| Managed Sales
A bit about you
- Main objective: new business sales through agencies and client directs while maintaining and growing a handful of running accounts that are part of your custom territory/book of business
- Constantly build a pipeline of leads throughout the entire sales cycle (new business focus)
- Communicate GroundTruth capabilities, differentiators and the entire product suite effectively to clients through various means (email, phone, in-person, conferences, networking event, etc.)
- Hold at least 5 meetings a week with a focus on the “Pitch a day” mentality
- Meet or achieve sales quotas on a monthly/quarterly basis according to sales plan set by VP
- Meet all deadlines set by leadership to ensure proper information is effectively shared
- Be a team player – contribute during team meetings, share market/product knowledge with larger team and step up to help team members when in need
- Respond to clients within 24hrs of email/phone call, the sooner the better
- Accurately maintain a forecast for team spreadsheets and opportunity pipeline
Additional things to note:
- Culture is key at GroundTruth – prepare to contribute and help further develop the culture of the sales team and broader company
- The expectation is to be meeting and entertaining clients wherever and whenever schedules align. “Whatever it takes to close a deal (within reason)” is the mentality of our top sellers here at GroundTruth
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business or similar relevant field
- 2+ years’ experience at an agency, media sales company or general account selling with experience in mobile/programmatic and CTV
- Strong communication skills (in-person/on-the-phone presentations, email and general day-today in the office and with clients)
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task are imperative in this extremely fast-moving role
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of the business
- Go-getter mentality – ability to find new business (hot/cold leads), maintain and grow current business and constantly curate of pipeline of potential business
- Understanding of the mobile eco-system and the various players in the space (location-based, attribution partners, programmatic, rich media providers, etc.)
- Ability to effectively and strategically complete RFP’s for clients in various verticals, proactively pitch strategic ideas to best serve your client’s needs.
- Strong ability to “close” or ask for the business after each pitch
- Technical skills: Salesforce, MSFT product suite, MediaOcean/Prisma, Expensify, Clearslide, ZOOM, Slack, The LIST/Winmo, SellerCrowd, Media Radar
- Managing performance – setting clear, measurable personal goals that can be used by manager to gauge success and provide a path for future growth
- Collaborator – ability to effectively work with various people and departments within the company
- “Always Be Closing” – asking for the business or next meeting at the end of every point of contact with the client
- Results Driven – revenue/account growth, client satisfaction
- Willingness and desire to quickly learn the landscape and continuously develop and hone skills as you progress
- Strong networking ability
The salary range for this position will be USD $80,000 – $100,000. The base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. Our compensation package also includes a comprehensive benefits platform offering and a commission plan.
What we offer
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.