A bit about us
WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, a media company that turns real-world behavior into marketing that delivers real business results. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
At GroundTruth, we believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here. Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Sr.Software Engineer (On Device Mobile) iOS
Location: Gurugram, INDIA
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of areas typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Design, architect and create the documentation for the entire system down to the details to meet team needs.
- Code entire software solutions to solve current problems, identify and fix issues within their areas of expertise.
- Participate as a CodeOwner within their expertise and stakeholder throughout in code-reviews.
- Automate unit, integration, and end to end testing solutions and incorporate with the testing team flow.
- Be able to run you code in pre-production and ensure quality.
- Help maintain debugging tools for team.
- Work with vendors to ensure 3rd party SDKs are working properly.
- Perform and monitor mobile releases for Android or iOS
- Teardown and destroy old solutions, products, and resources when no longer needed.
- Provide operational support of your deployed code and all code within your domain of expertise.
- Determine issues within the entire team and prevent problems from occurring
- Coordinate across all business teams to identify, resolve, mitigate and prevent technical issues, risks, and provide solutions.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or related field OR 9+ years of experience in Software Development
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience using iOS application programming tools (Objective-C/Swift, XCode, Interface Builder, Cocoapods, SPM, CoreData, Networking)
- 3+ years of experience on an Agile team
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles, patterns, best practices, performance optimizations, and memory management.
- Ability to communicate across all teams within the organization to provide solutions
- Ability to take a given problem and execute a solution.
- The ability to troubleshoot high complexity issues.
Would be great if you have:
- Experience in ingesting and exposing large datasets in weather industry
- Experience in advertising industry
- Experience with GitHub, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Artifactory
- Parental leave- Maternity and Paternity
- Flexible Time Offs (Earned Leaves, Sick Leaves, Birthday leave & Company Holidays)
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- Health coverage cover for any hospitalization. Covers both nuclear family and parents
- Covid home quarantine cover
- Tele-med that offers discounts on health checkups and medicines
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Childcare Expenses and reimbursements
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement (Mobile Subsidy program)
- Internet reimbursement
- Home office set up
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme offering different tax saving options such as VPF and employee and employer contribution up to 12% basic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.