A bit about us
WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, a media company that turns real-world behavior into marketing that delivers real business results. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
At GroundTruth, we believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here. Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Principal Software Engineer (Web)
Location: Gurugram, IN
Recognized master in professional discipline with significant impact and influence on organizational policy and program development. Establishes critical strategic and operational goals; develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the organization; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Requires significant influence and communication with executive leadership. Problems faced are frequently complex and multidimensional, requiring broad based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.
- Help lead the architecture, development, maintenance, and operations of systems that power WeatherBug’s consumer website
- Create and review system level designs and architectures to ensure consistency and quality across the business unit.
- Create, review, maintain, organize, and set documentation standards for the entire team.
- Code solutions for current problems, prototype solutions for upcoming products, and actively look to fix potential issues across the code base before they become a fire.
- Participates in code reviews as a CODEOWNER across the org.
- Lead testing efforts and ensure others follow their respective guidelines. Work to improve and update the system with the goal of 1-click CICD.
- Own the deployment process and investigate upgrades and improvements that can be made within the tooling.
- Actively monitor what is no longer needed and make suggestions and solutions for replacements that would provide improvements to meet business needs.
- Provide operational support for any deployments that are in need.
- Proactively prevent issues from arising.
- Lead efforts across business units, promote what your teams needs, be available for those who need help
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or related field with 11+ years of experience OR 13+ years of experience in Software Development
- 11+ years of experience in software engineering
- 7+ years of experience in AWS or other cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform,GCP)
- Experience with ReactJS and AngularJS
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Ability to troubleshoot highly complex, multi dependency issues
- Ability to communicate across all teams within and outside the organization to provide solutions
- Ability to Find the problem; Create the solution; Foresee future problems.
Would be great if you have:
- Masters, post-graduate, or doctorate in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of the weather industry to accelerate our engineering efforts and help build efficient solutions that meet the business needs
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with C# / ASP.NET / .net Core
- Fluency with CI/CD tool sets such as: Jenkins, CloudFormation, GitHub, Spinnaker
- Experience with creating libraries/packages and deploying them to NPM
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with mobile apps
- Parental leave- Maternity and Paternity
- Flexible Time Offs (Earned Leaves, Sick Leaves, Birthday leave & Company Holidays)
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- Health coverage cover for any hospitalization. Covers both nuclear family and parents
- Covid home quarantine cover
- Tele-med that offers discounts on health checkups and medicines
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Childcare Expenses and reimbursements
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement (Mobile Subsidy program)
- Internet reimbursement
- Home office set up
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme offering different tax saving options such as VPF and employee and employer contribution up to 12% basic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.