A bit about us
WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, a media company that turns real-world behavior into marketing that delivers real business results. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
At GroundTruth, we believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here. Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Engineering Manager, Web
Location: Gurugram, IN
Recognized master in professional discipline with significant impact and influence on organizational policy and program development. Establishes critical strategic and operational goals; develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the organization; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Requires significant influence and communication with executive leadership. Problems faced are frequently complex and multidimensional, requiring broad based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.
- Oversee the architecture, development, maintenance, and operations of systems powering WeatherBug’s consumer website
- Support technical innovation and lead the creation, continual refinement, and active adoption of our development standards.
- Work closely with engineering and product leaders to establish technical approach, timing, and resourcing for strategic roadmap initiatives
- Be responsible for code quality, architecture and technical direction of the team.
- Proactively work to develop the skills and behaviors of each team member. Perform 1:1s to coach and mentor them toward success in their tasks and careers and managing any personal or performance issues
- Promote transparency regarding the team’s activities across the organization through documentation, structured processes, and effective communications
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 13 years of experience in software development
- 10+ years of experience in software development, including 2+ years in a management role, preferably working with remote teams
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Experience in mentoring and supporting peers across multiple engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices
- 6+ years of experience using git or other distributed source control systems
- Experience with ReactJS and AngularJS
- Experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform)
Would be great if you have:
- Masters, post-graduate, or doctorate in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of the weather industry to accelerate our engineering efforts and help build efficient solutions that meet the business needs
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with C# / ASP.NET / .net Core
- Fluency with CI/CD tool sets such as: Jenkins, CloudFormation, GitHub, Spinnaker
- Experience with creating libraries/packages and deploying them to NPM
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with mobile apps
- Parental leave- Maternity and Paternity
- Flexible Time Offs (Earned Leaves, Sick Leaves, Birthday leave & Company Holidays)
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- Health coverage cover for any hospitalization. Covers both nuclear family and parents
- Covid home quarantine cover
- Tele-med that offers discounts on health checkups and medicines
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Childcare Expenses and reimbursements
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement (Mobile Subsidy program)
- Internet reimbursement
- Home office set up
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme offering different tax saving options such as VPF and employee and employer contribution up to 12% basic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.