A bit about us
GroundTruth is a media company that turns real-world behavior into marketing that delivers real business results. Using observed real-world consumer behavior, like location and purchase data, it creates targeted advertising campaigns across all screens for advertisers. GroundTruth then measures how consumers respond to the campaigns – including if they physically show up to a location or website – to understand the real business results generated by a brand's advertising. GroundTruth’s proprietary Location, Place, and Visitation data sets are accredited by the Media Ratings Council and trusted by thousands of brands and their agencies.
Learn more at GroundTruth.com.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Role: Director of Engineering (Reporting Data Engineering)
Location: Gurgaon, India / Remote
- Ensure sanity of architecture, operational excellence, operational quality, and timely delivery of results.
- Implement new technology advancements such as new development stacks or new ways to maximize value from our private/public cloud.
- Mentor, coach and develop people to reach their potential and to meet company objectives.
- Review architecture, code, plans, deployments, and operations to drive excellence through the organization.
- Grow, develop, and lead a winning team through effective performance management, hiring, and training, including regular 1:1 meeting with all of your direct and indirect reports
- Manage and optimize budgets and spending for personnel and systems through thoughtful people management and efficient system design
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to define projects and ensure their timely completion while controlling for cost
- Create and implement scalable processes that can be duplicated by people managers on the team to ensure successful completion of projects and tasks
- Improve the culture and practices of the organization overall
- Manage to and improve performance against key metrics for the engineering department such as productivity per headcount-dollar
- Detail Oriented- The little things matter
- Adaptable and able to pivot to meet demands and carry out expectations
- Organized and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and deliver work in a timely manner
- Able to work under strict deadlines and be able to prioritize a heavy workload
- A team-player and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help out when/where needed
- Self-Sufficient and not afraid to take the lead and manage tasks independently
- Coachable and open to feedback
- Respectful- We treat each other with respect and assume the best of one another
- Masters degree/B.Tech or 12+ years experience in technology
- Or 16+ years in Technology
- The following skills/certifications: Python, SQL, AWS
- Additional nice to have skills/certifications: Athena, Lambda, EMR, Spark, Glue, Step Functions, Hadoop, Kinesis, Orc, Parquet, Perl, Awk, Redshift
- Parental leave- Maternity and Paternity
- Flexible Time Offs (Earned Leaves, Sick Leaves, Birthday leave, Bereavement leave & Company Holidays)
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- Health cover for any hospitalization. Covers both nuclear family and parents
- Covid home quarantine cover
- Tele-med for free doctor consultation, discounts on health checkups and medicines
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Childcare Expenses and reimbursements
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral program
- Education reimbursement program
- Skill development program
- Cell phone reimbursement (Mobile Subsidy program)
- Internet reimbursement
- Birthday treat reimbursement
- Home office set up
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme offering different tax saving options such as VPF and employee and employer contribution up to 12% Basic
- Creche reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- NPS employer match
- Meal card for tax benefit
- Special benefits on salary account
- New joiner relocation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.