A bit about us
GroundTruth is a media company that turns real-world behavior into marketing that delivers real business results. Using observed real-world consumer behavior, like location and purchase data, it creates targeted advertising campaigns across all screens for advertisers. GroundTruth then measures how consumers respond to the campaigns – including if they physically show up to a location or website – to understand the real business results generated by a brand's advertising. GroundTruth’s proprietary Location, Place, and Visitation data sets are accredited by the Media Ratings Council and trusted by thousands of brands and their agencies.
Learn more at GroundTruth.com.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Los Angeles, CA or San Francisco, CA or Remote (US) | Managed Sales
A bit about you
This sales role will be responsible for prospecting and developing new client accounts with a focus on suppliers working with CPG companies. It will also include maintaining and building existing sales relationships with current clients assigned to this book of business. Embracing a team mentality is needed to work with the Account Management team to strategize, develop, and execute digital media campaigns for all assigned accounts.
- Main objective: new business sales through agencies and client directs while maintaining and growing a handful of running accounts that are part of your custom territory/book of business
- Constantly build a pipeline of leads throughout the entire sales cycle (new business focus)
- Communicate GroundTruth capabilities, differentiators and the entire product suite effectively to clients through various means (email, phone, in-person, conferences, networking event, etc.)
- Hold at least 5-10 meetings a week with clients – accurately log meeting activity and relevant details via Salesforce
- Meet or achieve sales quotas on a monthly/quarterly basis according to sales plan set by VP
- Meet all deadlines set by leadership to ensure proper information is effectively shared
- Be a team player – contribute during team meetings, share market/product knowledge with larger team and step up to help team members when in need
- Culture is key at GroundTruth – prepare to contribute and help further develop the culture of the sales team and broader company
- This is not a 9 to 5 job – expectation is to be meeting and entertaining clients wherever and whenever schedules align. “Whatever it takes to close a deal (within reason)” is the mentality of our top sellers here at GroundTruth
- Respond to clients within 24 hrs of email/phone call, the sooner the better
- Accurately maintain a forecast for team spreadsheets and opportunity pipeline
- Self Motivated
- Solution Oriented
- A Closer
- Results Driven
- Growth Mindset
- Detail-oriented–-the little things matter
- Organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver timely work
- A team player and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help when needed
- Self-sufficient and not afraid to take the lead and manage tasks independently
- Coachable and open to feedback
- Respectful–-we treat each other with respect and assume the best of one another
Not afraid to have fun!
- Passion for and deep understanding of CPG and Shopper Marketing community- as a whole!
- Strong communication skills (in-person/on-the-phone presentations, email and general day-today in the office and with clients)
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task are imperative in this extremely fast-moving role
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of the business
- Hunter mentality – ability to find new business (hot/cold leads), maintain and grow current business and constantly curate of pipeline of potential business
- Understanding of the mobile ecosystem and the various players in the space (location-based, attribution partners, programmatic, rich media providers, etc.)
- Ability to effectively and strategically complete RFP’s for CPG clients, proactively pitch strategic ideas to best serve your clients needs
- Strong ability to “close” or ask for the business after each pitch
- BS, BA or equivalent from an accredited 4-year university or college is preferred
- 2+ years of commission sales experience and demonstrated success in Sales, working with the CPG, Shopper Marketing or digital vendor community
- Experience selling Shopper Marketing and/or other CPG-oriented solutions. Prior digital media sales a plus, but not required
- Remote-first philosophy, subject to each manager’s discretion depending on the needs of the role
- Flexible vacation
- Daily lunch credit when working in-office
- Fully stocked snacks and beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Fully-paid medical premiums for employees
- Generous parental leave
- Active DEIB Committee with regular initiatives
- Inclusion Academy seminars
- Wellness and gym reimbursement
- Family and pet expense reimbursement
- Education and coaching reimbursement program
- Option for mobile phone reimbursement or separate company phone
- Equity analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.