Senior Software Engineer, Big Data
Mountain View, CA or Vancouver, Canada
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
- Write clean, correct Java, Python and Scala code that others may be able to quickly reason about, extend and re-use.
- Design, build, test and deploy scalable and robust ETL pipelines and microservices.
- Work with large unstructured and structured data sets.
- Seek, implement and adhere to standards, frameworks and best practices.
- Mentor and coach junior and mid-level engineer.
- Passionate about technology and all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Self-motivated, self-directing and adaptive to a fast-paced startup environment.
- Tenacious attention to detail and quality assurance in a highly visible and revenue-impacting production environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent; PhD is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with Java/JVM programming.
- 3+ years of experience in the Big Data open source ecosystem including, but not limited to: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Druid.
- Expert level skills in one or more: SQL, Hive, Pig.
- Expertise with the HTTP protocol and experience developing web applications and/or services.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (e.g Python, Perl, Ruby) and the Unix command lines.
- Familiarity with Docker and the benefits of containerization.
- Available for on-call application level support of production systems.
- Experience with Cloud based infrastructure (e.g. Amazon AWS).
- Natural tendency to question and vet requirements according to practical concerns, system limitations, and common sense.
How you can impress us:
- Experience with Scala programming.
- Familiarity with practices and philosophies of CI, CD and TDD.
- Experience in the ad tech industry.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.