Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is a global location technology company that drives results with real data. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and more by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. GroundTruth delivers superior consumer insights by seeing more people and places than anyone else, with an unrivaled first-party database of 95 million active monthly users and 17 million active daily users, across 100 million places and points of interest. GroundTruth currently serves 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.GroundTruth.com
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development and foster a fun and friendly work environment. If this sounds like a company you would like to join please review the job description below.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Geo team. You will be working with a team of smart researchers and engineers to address challenging data problems in the exciting mobile advertising domain. The goal of the Geo team is to manage millions of Points of Interest used by the GroundTruth platform. Our Software Engineers work with POI and geographic data from multiple providers to create best-of-breed solutions for manage the businesses and other places where people visit. This is an exciting role at the intersection of programming and data management.
- Experience with Python
- Demonstrated proficiency with relational databases and SQL CRUD (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Relational data management experience (data cleansing, data quality assurance, data stewardship)
- Bachelor in Software Engineering, Computer Science or close related major
- Results oriented and deadline driven
- Detail-oriented with focus on data accuracy and quality of output
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communicative: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation.
- A Team Player: Believes in our company’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technically Adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- A Problem solver: Doesnt wait for someone else to give the answer takes charge of creating solutions.
How you can impress us:
- Familiarity with business listings data sets
- Familiarity with AWS EC2 and S3
- Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (PostGIS preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status