Senior Automation Engineer (WeatherBug)
A bit about us
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com.
A bit about you
Seeking a Senior Automation Engineer for our WeatherBug applications team which supports iOS & Android mobile apps, web, Windows, and MacOS platforms. We’re looking for someone who is proactive and motivated as they will be part of a team responsible for designing, developing, managing, and maintaining an automation infrastructure including build server and test infrastructure.
- Design, program, simulate, and continually improve the test automation system
- Design, program, maintain, and continually improve the build system environments for mobile, web, and desktop applications
- Create long term objectives
- Decompose long term objectives into actionable tasks
- Prioritize, coordinate and execute automation tasks
- Work in a collaborative team environment, including a global development teams to accomplish short term and long term objectives
- Work with minimal supervision
- Provide assistance and guidance to less senior engineers
- A great communicator and coordinator
- A team player
- Detail oriented
- A self-starter
- Looking for a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Solid understanding of computer programming, software development, build system, and test environments
- Expertise with Jenkins, Python, Groovy, and cloud computing environments
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in complex software environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience testing mobile, web, and desktop applications
- 6 or more years of software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or 8 years of experience in software test automation
Would be great if you have:
- MS degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with user experience / user-centric design
- Experience with build system environments
- Expertise with Spinnaker
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.