Senior Java Developer
New York, NY or Mountain View, CA | Engineering
A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
- Create cross platform responsive user interfaces
- Create highly scalable micro-services utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to help drive technical strategy
- Drive best engineering practices within your team(s)
- Collaborate with other internal teams and vendors to determine appropriate technical approach and implementation, timing, and resourcing
- Be an internal champion for continuously improving team working processes, code quality, and tools and technology adoption
- Mentor, and coach team members at different levels of experience in good coding and documentation practices
- Work with the team members across the organization to understand and incorporate business requirements into product solutions
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Contribute to project planning and estimates
- Explore new technologies and migrate legacy code to more efficient frameworks and structures
- Provide operational support of your deployed code
- Create and maintain unit and functional tests in collaboration with the testing team
- Develop technical and non-technical relationships with key stakeholders and with other teams across the organization
- Cultivate a culture of engineering excellence
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in platform development
- 3+ years of experience using object-oriented languages (Preferably Java, Python, Spring boot)
- 3+ years of experience using git or other distributed source control systems
- Experience with CI/CD and Unit Testing ( Junit, Mockito etc.).
- Proven track record of delivering large scale projects, and an ability to break down large tasks into smaller deliverable chunks.
- Good to have experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency, web applications
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principles, patterns, best practices, performance optimizations, and memory management
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Understand technical risks / issues and assists with options to resolve / mitigate
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership, and proactive can-do attitude.
- Ability to cultivate collaboration
- Experience in mentoring and supporting peers across engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices
- Knowledge of the open-source ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.