Germantown, Mountain View, New York, or Vancouver
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
WeatherBug, a fully owned division of GroundTruth, is a major weather app with a strong presence in the US and is rapidly expanding in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. WeatherBug is a top-rated weather app, with more than 15 million monthly active users.
- Create cross platform responsive user interfaces.
- Create highly scalable micro-services utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Provide creative and technical input into design and implementation.
- Translate complex business needs and problems into innovative technical solutions.
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings.
- Participate in retrospective discussions to help continuously improve our methods.
- Explore new technologies and migrate legacy code to more efficient frameworks and structures.
- Create detailed and comprehensive design and functional specifications from basic requirements.
- Create and maintain unit and functional tests in collaboration with the testing team.
- Provide operational support of your deployed code.
- A problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- A strong communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- A team player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technically adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 6+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in web-based development
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft web stack (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, ASP.Net Core, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience using React and AngularJS
- Working knowledge of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, and responsive web sites.
- Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency, web or client applications.
Would be great if you have:
- MS degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with user experience / user-centric design
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Android (Java/Kotlin)
- Experience with iOS (Objective-C)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with the development of geospatially based interfaces, including the use of GeoJSON, MapBox, Leaflet
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.