Senior Software Engineer
Vancouver, Canada l Germantown, MD
WeatherBug, a fully owned division of GroundTruth, is a major weather app with a strong presence in the US and is rapidly expanding in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. WeatherBug is a top-rated weather app, with more than 15 million monthly active users.
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- Create cross platform responsive user interfaces
- Create highly scalable micro-services utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies
- Provide creative and technical input into design and implementation
- Translate complex business needs and problems into innovative technical solutions
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Participate in retrospective discussions to help continuously improve our methods
- Explore new technologies and migrate legacy code to more efficient frameworks and structures
- Create detailed and comprehensive design and functional specifications from basic requirements
- Create and maintain unit and functional tests in collaboration with the testing team
- Provide operational support of your deployed code
- 7+ years of experience in web-based development, with a primary focus on client side technologies
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 10+ years of experience in software development
- Expert knowledge of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, and responsive web sites
- 5+ years of experience utilizing various technologies (C#, ASP.NET, NodeJS, Scala, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency, web applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.