Graphic Design Intern
Marketing | NYC, NY, USA
**Please note this internship is UNPAID. You must be a current student who can intern for university credit to be considered.**
GroundTruth is the leading global technology platform driving in-store visits and sales by leveraging location as the primary source of intent. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and grow your business by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. Through its data foundation, GroundTruth sees 2 out of 3 smartphone users in the U.S. and more than 30 billion physical visits annually across 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in mobile location-based advertising. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with industry leaders and other professionals in the advertising community.
- Support the Art Director of the GroundTruth Marketing Creative team.
- Work on web design and UX/UI, infographics, sales presentations, social media design, mobile advertising and more.
- Consult on all appropriate company materials to maintain brand standards, design consistency, and elevate the look and feel of GroundTruth.
- Able to work well in an open and sometime hectic office environment.
- Creative with the ability to develop unique and engaging designs with tight turnaround times.
- Outgoing and self-motivated.
- Currently enrolled in a four-year college, majoring or minoring in New Media, Advertising, Mobile/Web Design, Web development, or like discipline
- Fluency with Mac platform and Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Understanding of social media concepts, platforms, and content creation
- Understanding of branding and identity design and how to work in an established brand system
- Basic understanding of front and backend coding
- Clear understanding of the importance of visual storytelling and design narratives
- Great sense of composition, typography, images, and color
- A strong awareness of trends within the design community, and ability to incorporate a variety of design styles in your work
- Strong interest in advertising and/or mobile space
In your cover letter or resume, please include a link to an online portfolio. If called for an interview, candidates must be prepared with printed samples and detailed explanation of their best work. Please include independent projects only, and not those completed by a class or group.