Senior Data Engineer
Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is a global location technology company that drives results with real data. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and more by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. GroundTruth delivers superior consumer insights by seeing more people and places than anyone else, with an unrivaled first-party database of 95 million active monthly users and 17 million active daily users, across 100 million places and points of interest. GroundTruth currently serves 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.GroundTruth.com
- Champion the scalable approaches to building/modifying pipelines
- Take over some existing pipelines and manage periodic data/model generation, and enhancements
- Automate the pipelines and make them robust with respect to failures
- Build systems and processes to validate the output
- Perform data analysis to derive insights from the data, or external platforms
- Collaborate with peer data scientists, product managers closely
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering with 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience of at least 2 years with one of Apache Spark, Pig; familiarity with Hive preferable
- Solid understanding of ETL processes, and enjoy streamlining processes.
- Strong in Python/shell scripting, data structures and object-oriented design/programming skills.
- Write clean, organized and well-documented code.
- Excellent communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.