National Sales | New York, NY
GroundTruth is the leading global technology platform driving in-store visits and sales by leveraging location as the primary source of intent. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and grow your business by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. Through its data foundation, GroundTruth sees 2 out of 3 smartphone users in the U.S. and more than 30 billion physical visits annually across 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
In this role on our National Sales team, you will work across multiple different agencies and accounts. The main objective of this role is to drive new business through agencies (and select direct clients), while maintaining and growing a handful of running accounts that are part of your customer territory/book of business. You will be a unique and versatile specialist within GroundTruth’s sales organization.
- Develop and cultivate leads through the entire sales cycle (from qualifying to negotiating and closing)
- Present Groundtruth’s to value proposition clients through all outlets (phone, online, and in-person)
- Learn and develop new, creative sales techniques and strategies
- Position yourself to understand the needs of small business, and how GroundTruth can provide value
- Meet monthly sales targets according to sales plan
- Participate in sales meetings and explain market feedback to GroundTruth’s senior leaders
- A creative and self-sufficient problem solver that can find solutions to common day to day satiations
- A top-notch communicator who is adept at influencing, persuading and conveying ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while generating excitement and enthusiasm.
- Able to think strategically and translate that strategy into effective tactics.
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling, and the ability to “push back” gracefully.
- Competitive, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations.
- A team player that contributes during team meetings, share market/product knowledge with the larger team and step up to help team members.
- Passionate about GroundTruth’s culture and are prepared to contribute and help further develop the culture of the sales team and the broader company culture.
- 2-4 years of experience in an advertising agency or in media sales.
- A hunter mentality, with a drive to crack and grow business
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile vendors across advertising networks, rich media vendors, mobile payments, etc. is preferred but not required.
- Large range of existing relationships and contacts with agencies and advertisers or the ability to create them.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in person and over the phone.
- A “get it done, no matter what” mentality.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, an attention to detail, and an appreciation of deadlines and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing or other related Business field preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.