Senior Data Scientist
Mountain View, CA | Data Science
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary cleansing processes that combines their Blueprint’s contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30 Billion visits annually.
- Research on machine learning models and bidding optimization algorithms.
- Develop production machine learning systems in AWS Cloud Computing environment.
- Dive deep into rich set of location data, derive insights, design and improve analytics products.
- Collaborate closely with peer data scientists, product managers.
- Manage projects from full end-to-end lifecycle.
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team Player: Prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- Master’s degree in computer science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering; Phd is a plus.
- 2+ years in a full-time software development job in industry.
- Substantial experience in Statistics, Machine Learning.
- Fluency in Python.
- Significant experience with SQL; some relational databases or NoSQL data stores.
- Familiarity with open source machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn and Spark MLlib.
- Familiarity with A/B testing; Causal inference is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org