Role: Manager (Data Engineering)
Location: Gurugram, India
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
- Learn location-based advertising domain.
- Drive the team of Software engineers to build ETL’s pipelines and develop microservices to lookup the data.
- Prepare detailed specifications and low-level design.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline for the GroundTruth location platform
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Analytics and Client Services teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Map the Product requirement into the engineering requirements.
- Build and improve the existing Software development process.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Responsible for the strategic initiatives.
- Build test suites for each milestone.
- Give regular feedbacks to the team and identify their training requirements.
- Test the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
- Maintain the application once it is live
- Contribute ideas to improve the location platform
- Tech./B.E./M.Tech./MCA or equivalent in computer science
- 8+ years of experience running an online operation, Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, java
- Experience with big data processing tech stack i.e Spark
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift,S3,Athena, Glue
- Must be proficient in GIT, Jenkins, CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies.
How you can impress us:
- Knowledge of Rest
- Any Experience in big data technologies like Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig is a plus
- Knowledge of Postgres
- Knowledge of shell scripting and Perl
- Experience with BI tools like looker, Tableau
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Dockers
- Configuration management and QA practices
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.