VP, Strategic Partnerships
GroundTruth is a global location technology company that drives results with real data. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and more by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. GroundTruth delivers superior consumer insights by seeing more people and places than anyone else, with an unrivaled first-party database of 95 million active monthly users and 17 million active daily users, across 100 million places and points of interest. GroundTruth currently serves 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.GroundTruth.com
The VP will own new business development, relationship management, and revenue growth for the top Agency Holding Companies (i.e. Dentsu, Horizon Media, IPG, Omnicom, Publicis, WPP). We require a thoughtful and strategic business leader coupled with an action-oriented and culture building driver of revenue-generating activity and new business development. S/he will act as a senior overlay to existing business/relationships within each of these agencies. S/he will be responsible for winning, onboarding, educating, reinforcing, and growing (existing and new) agency partnerships.
Location-based data is a rapidly scaling space and this is an opportunity for a dynamic BD/sales executive to join an already wildly successful company and help further define the booming category. You’ll be armed with truly differentiated products and superior technology, as a member of a fully supportive executive team on a mission to change the location data industry. If you are interested in a steady status-quo culture and prefer to work behind the desk, then this is not for you. If you’re adamant about actualizing positive business outcomes and working in a demanding, high-growth, intellect-driven results environment with a desire to completely disrupt an industry then this might be an optimal career vehicle for you.
- Contribute as a key leader to the Company’s top and bottom lines.
- Promote GT within each of these agencies and ensure that media activation is being spent via either managed, programmatic or though the self-serve platform.
- Negotiate large global deals where a spend level from each of these agencies is committed.
- Be an advocate of the agencies within GT especially with helping them with new pitches, insights, data pulls and overall growth of the client business.
- Partner with the existing sales force globally to ensure success and avoid channel conflict.
- Build a culture based on qualitative urgency and accountability tied to metrics which all tie back to new business growth. Further implement a systematic process for tracking, reporting and forecasting on progress of partnerships, including “relationship milestones”.
- KPI’s to be measured are: Revenue growth, Margin expansion, Revenue through the self-serve platform, # of traders leveraging the platform on a monthly basis.
- Identify any product requirements to scale the effort or integrate key partners.
Experience & Required Skills
- 10-15+ years of business experience in sales, sales leadership, business development or related experience at senior revenue influencing levels.
- Extensive experience in “sell-through” sales models and scaling the global advertising agencies referenced above.
- A leading dealmaker and relationship builder with a proven track record in fostering strong partner and customer relationships
- Operate with urgency. A reputation as a motivating sales leader who leads from ‘in front of the desk’, driving sales activities and ensuring team member accountability.
- Extensive experience handling complex deals and consultative negotiations.
- Strategic thinker, who can provide in-depth analysis and big picture thinking whilst being able to translate this into pragmatic action
- Superior commercial, analytical, interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills
- Technologically competent, ideally with domain expertise in data-driven consumer insights, mobile, adtech, and/or martech space
- Bachelor’s degree or higher