A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
Our Staff Accountant will be involved in all day-to-day operational activities including Cash reconciliation, GL Month-End Close, while tackling ad hoc projects.The ideal candidate reliably demonstrates superior attention to detail with excellent organization skills and superb problem solving and analytical skills, combined with good business judgment and common sense. This role reports to Sr. Director of Accounting.
- Maintain system cash management, reconcile bank statement with book transactions
- Maintain Fixed Assets subledger, prepare rollforward and other related report
- Perform period end close procedures on general ledger for assigned accounts, including but not limited to cash, intangible assets, deferred rent, sublease, and other current liabilities.
- Prepare GL account reconciliation monthly and schedules requested for audit and tax filing.
- Assist capitalization of internal developed software expense
- Assist with monthly financial reporting and analysis
- Assist managing subsidiary accounting records in ERP
- Assist AR and AP as needed
- Assist with preparing tax filings, state reporting requirements, and various admin reports
- Assist with annual financial audit, bank audit, and other review inquiries.
- Initiate and implement process improvements
- Support on ad hoc projects
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver work timely
- Detail Oriented: strive for best practices and deliver accurate work results
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands
- A Team Player: self-motivated, team success-driven, and willing to work within a team environment
- Technical Adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn
- A Problem solver: Takes ownership and creates solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, with 2-3 years of GL accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including advanced Excel skills in formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to multi-tasking, work under stressful conditions, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Oracle Fusion is a plus
- Passed CPA exam is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.