Director of Business Development
Supply Monetization | Mountain View, CA or New York, NY
GroundTruth is the leading global technology platform driving in-store visits and sales by leveraging location as the primary source of intent. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and grow your business by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. Through its data foundation, GroundTruth sees 2 out of 3 smartphone users in the U.S. and more than 30 billion physical visits annually across 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
GroundTruth is looking for an experienced mobile supply expert to work to onboard new direct data partners and publishers. We are looking significant experience partnering with publishers / app developers, with a track record of executing deals and creating successful integrations. As a Business Development Director, you will most likely already possess strong industry relationships and will need to build and maintain additional relationships with new mobile supply partners. You will need strong relationship-building and project management skills, strong technology background (especially of SDKs), ability to clarify and summarize complex issues and strong attention to detail. You must also possess strong analytical skills regarding technical and business issues and the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally.
Your responsibilities will include executing new direct publisher partnerships including distribution of GroundTruth SDKs, understanding market requirements and effectively communicating to product and engineering, and resolving business as well as technical issues.
- Build direct relationships with mobile applications developers and distribute GroundTruth SDK product suite
- Understand market requirements, competitive market and work with product organization to establish further product enhancement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help partners continue to develop their applications for maximum return.
- Analyze and track key metrics to identify trends and highlight issues.
- Oversee overall supply performance and make recommendations to allocation based on such performance
- Often provide analysis of revenue/traffic to partners and gain more understanding about their traffic and objectives.
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level. Ability to negotiate and mediate. Has a demonstrated mastery of cross-functional teamwork.
- Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team. You are willing to share knowledge and able to facilitate a positive team rapport.
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn. You are comfortable with data and can translate findings to people who are less technical.
- Driven: A self-starter who is highly motivated.
- BA/BS business or marketing-related degree or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- 7 years’ experience in mobile and advertising and at least 3 yrs in publisher development.
- Demonstrated track record of closing business and driving long and complex sales cycles
- Ability to develop strong relationships and engage in strategic conversations with senior- and C-level executives at client companies
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to develop and drive cross-functional partnerships with various internal teams (e.g. Solutions Engineering, Product) and executive leadership