Senior Database Administrator – SRE
Mountain View, CA or New York, NY or Germantown, MD or Vancouver, BC or Remote | Product & Technology
A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and were recently ranked of Ad Age’s 2021 Best Places to Work. Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
A bit about you
As a database administrator on the Site Reliability Team, you will oversee operations, security and integrity of enterprise database systems that form the backbone of many high-availability customer facing software products. This is a critical role with the primary responsibility of running a tight ship on GroundTruth’s core transactional databases.
- Follow standard best practices to document, develop and test, have back-up and recovery plans, storage management, archiving, capacity planning
- Monitor performance of database for SLAs/degradation
- Perform day-to-day troubleshooting with engineering teams located across different time-zones
- Collaborate on architecture and modeling of database related development
- Be responsible for security; ranging from monitoring and providing access/privileges to participating in compliance audits
- Be responsible for disaster recovery and data retrievability
- Apply security patches, install upgrades
- Be available for off-hours pages for time-sensitive and revenue impacting outages and issues
- 12+ years of experience in software development/IT, 7+ years in a database administrator role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field), or 10+ years of experience in software development
- Familiarity with MySQL and Postgres DB (postgis) installation and support (including upgrading), replication
- Familiarity with MySQL clustering (galera) is nice to have
- Basic knowledge of AWS RDS
- Knowledge of distributed systems and clustered/partitioned databases
- Knowledge of database internals, change data capture patterns would be a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.