Mountain View, CA · Vancouver, Canada · Germantown, MD
WeatherBug, a fully owned division of GroundTruth, is a major weather app with a strong presence in the US and is rapidly expanding in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. WeatherBug is a top-rated weather app, with more than 15 million monthly active users.
- Design and develop Android mobile applications on phones, tablets and other Android devices
- Interact closely with Product Management and UX designer to create compelling user interfaces.
- Provide creative and technical input into design and implementation
- Translate complex business needs and problems into innovative technical solutions
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Participate in retrospective discussions to help continuously improve our methods
- Explore new technologies and migrate legacy code to more efficient frameworks and structures
- Create detailed and comprehensive design and functional specifications from basic requirements
- Create and maintain unit and functional tests in collaboration with the testing team
- Provide operational support of your deployed code
- Problem solver:Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized:Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible:Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication:Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- Team Player:Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude:Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- 4+ year of experience developing Android applications and widgets, with two or more localized applications in Google Play. Nice to have iOS/React native development experience.
- Expert knowledge of core Java, multi-threading, test-driven development.
- Experience with web service integration (REST, JSON, XML).
- Strong object-oriented analysis, design and programming skills.
- Extensive UI design and development experience, particularly with Android Material design.
- Experience using Agile and Kanban development process/tools through the complete software development cycle.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to participate in a fast-paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.