Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is a global location technology company that drives results with real data. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and more by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. GroundTruth delivers superior consumer insights by seeing more people and places than anyone else, with an unrivaled first-party database of 95 million active monthly users and 17 million active daily users, across 100 million places and points of interest. GroundTruth currently serves 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.GroundTruth.com
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development and foster a fun and friendly work environment. If this sounds like a company you would like to join please review the job description below.
GroundTruth is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join the Accounting team. This position will primarily be responsible for day-to-day accounting operations. This is a highly visible position as key operational and strategic decisions will rely on data provided by the Accounting Manager.
The role will have significant career growth opportunities in addition to having the ability to make a real impact to the business and see results of one’s work immediately taking effect. A successful candidate must be highly motivated, have strong organizational skills, people skills and possess excellent attention to detail.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to develop and maintain the accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This is a hands-on role for someone looking to get great experience quickly.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of day to day accounting operations, including but not limited to revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, and period end close procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring revenue is being recognized in accordance with the appropriate USGAAP literature and revenue reporting requirements. Ability to research technical accounting subjects.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the billing process.
- Responsible for supervising offshore resources on billing and expense report review to ensure accurate financial data records.
- Responsible for monthly close, reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for financial statements flux analysis, margin and account analysis.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the accounting department.
- Assist with the tax compliance of local, state, and federal, ensure timely filing of tax and business licenses.
- Providing training to new and existing staff as needed. Manage and advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions and reporting.
- Assist with technical accounting research, and build international control frameworks.
- Assist budgeting and forecasting
- Support management with ad hoc projects and workflow process improvements.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communicative: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation.
- A Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technically Adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- A Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area required, 3+ years public accounting with big four is a plus.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Advanced knowledge with excel functions
- Experience in mobile advertising or internet/network communication preferred
- Experience in Oracle is a plus
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and work cooperatively and collaboratively with all level of employees, management and external agencies.
- Ability to multi-task, work under stressful conditions, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace-setting
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.