Account Executive – QSR/Retail
Sales | San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
As the Account Executive, you will develop and manage relationships directly with clients and agencies in the retail and restaurant industry, which means you need to be focused, proactive and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you are an advisor and consultant, as well as an advocate for clients within GroundTruth. You will be a unique and versatile specialist within GroundTruth’s sales organization.
- Develop and cultivate leads through the entire sales cycle (from qualifying to negotiating and closing).
- Present Groundtruth’s to value proposition clients through all outlets (phone, online, and in-person).
- Learn and develop new, creative sales techniques and strategies.
- Meet monthly sales targets according to sales plan.
- Become an expert in all aspects of GroundTruth’s business and platform solutions.
- Participate in sales meetings and explain market feedback to GroundTruth’s senior leaders.
- A creative and self-sufficient problem solver that can find solutions to common day to day satiations
- A top-notch communicator who is adept at influencing, persuading and conveying ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while generating excitement and enthusiasm.
- Able to think strategically and translate that strategy into effective tactics.
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling, and the ability to “push back” gracefully.
- Competitive, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations.
- A team player that contributes during team meetings, share market/product knowledge with the larger team and step up to help team members.
- Passionate about GroundTruth’s culture and are prepared to contribute and help further develop the culture of the sales team and the broader company culture.
- 2-4 years of experience in media sales and/or in the retail and restaurant industry.
- Experience interpreting data to influence decision making.
- Experience in account planning and sales strategy.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience selling a self-serve ad platform (demand, supply, or data-based) preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile vendors across advertising networks and rich media vendors is preferred but not required.
- Large range of existing relationships and contacts with agencies and advertisers or the ability to create them.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in person and over the phone.
- A “get it done, no matter what” mentality.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, an attention to detail, and an appreciation of deadlines and goals.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.