HR Business Partner
The HR business partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. This position assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, communicates needs proactively with our HR department and business management, and seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
This position is based in our Mountain View, CA office and will partner with Product & Technology leaders.
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Proactively support the delivery of HR Processes.
- Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Problem solver:Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- Driven: A self-started who is highly motivated.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources and able to help define and create the HRBP function for GroundTruth.
- Knowledge of current labor laws.
- Strong ability to build relationships and partner with department heads, managers across the organization and the HR team.
- Experience working with startups preferred.