Senior Manager of Strategy & Operations
New York, NY
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
This role will be responsible for managing 2 distinct teams (and 4-6 employees) within GroundTruth’s Strategy & Operations group. One team runs our performance product line the other drives strategic growth for the self-service business line. In the performance role, you will act as a General Manager for this business line, trying to increase revenues and margins. For the growth team, you’ll work closely with our platform and marketing teams to drive revenue and retention of self-serve customers (the #1 strategic priority for GroundTruth).
The performance team is responsible for managing our Cost Per Visit (CPV) product, where our customer pay us based on performance (getting people to visit their stores). This team includes an Underwriting function to manage the risk we take with these and other agreements. The team underwrites deals, designs plans, execute/monitors the campaigns performance, and generally tries to grow revenue in this area. The team is expanding to include other ways of selling performance, which this role would help drive.
The growth team focuses on analyzing behaviors of customers interacting with our self-serve mobile-location platform. He or she will use this understanding to design and implement tools/processes that aid in scaling business operations in addition to growth strategy. As a manager, this person will be held responsible for driving retention and growth of the business line.
A successful candidate should have skills in managing a team, driving results, and optimizing to improve performance (with $ impact). The ideal candidate should have strong analytical and technical skills. They will work closely with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering.
- Own a business line and drive it to have higher revenues and margins
- Manage delivery risk for the company and set underwriting norms
- Interface with the direct sales team regularly
- Segment self-service customers and build an understanding of LTV
- Find ways to scale and optimize the self service business line as it grows, inclusive of new operating models for that team and new tools
- Implement strategies to increase the number of high performing accounts
- Leverage statistical models to classify accounts and predict outcomes
- Support growth marketing and outbound sales (for self-serve) by helping them optimize across all levers
- Become a trusted partner to Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to drive business value
- 5-9 years of experience solving problems and driving financial results, preferably in consulting, marketing, operations, or strategy
- Experience optimizing for customer retention and growth of a platform (eg. at SaaS company or similar)
- Comfortable owning a business line and being responsible for and measured by its P&L
- Ability to perform complex analysis and present it to internal and external stakeholders in a digestible and actionable way
- Can identify process limitations and invent solutions from scratch
- Working knowledge of the statistics relevant for time-series data and clustering
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Expert in Excel and SQL
- Intermediate or higher in either Python or R
- Proficiency or willingness to learn predictive analytics preferred
- Experience working with big data preferred
- Knowledge of digital marketing and customer analytics preferred
- Master’s degree in business and/or quantitative field preferred
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status