Account Executive, CPG Managed Sales
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary cleansing processes that combines their Blueprint’s contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30 Billion visits annually.
This sales role will be responsible for prospecting and developing new client accounts with a focus on suppliers working with Target CPG companies in Minneapolis. It will also include maintaining and building existing sales relationships with current clients assigned to this book of business. Embracing a team mentality is needed to work with the Account Management team to strategize, develop, and execute digital media campaigns for all assigned accounts.
- Main objective: new business sales through agencies and client directs while maintaining and growing a handful of running accounts that are part of your custom territory/book of business
- Constantly build a pipeline of leads throughout the entire sales cycle (new business focus)
- Communicate GroundTruth capabilities, differentiators and the entire product suite effectively to clients through various means (email, phone, in-person, conferences, networking event, etc.)
- Hold at least 5-10 meetings a week with clients – accurately log meeting activity and relevant details via Salesforce
- Meet or achieve sales quotas on a monthly/quarterly basis according to sales plan set by VP
- Meet all deadlines set by leadership to ensure proper information is effectively shared
- Be a team player – contribute during team meetings, share market/product knowledge with larger team and step up to help team members when in need
- Respond to clients within 24hrs of email/phone call, the sooner the better
- Accurately maintain a forecast for team spreadsheets and opportunity pipeline
Additional things to note:
- Culture is key at GroundTruth – prepare to contribute and help further develop the culture of the sales team and broader company
- The expectation is to be meeting and entertaining clients wherever and whenever schedules align. “Whatever it takes to close a deal (within reason)” is the mentality of our top sellers here at GroundTruth
- BS, BA or equivalent education and experience
- 2+ years demonstrated success in Sales, working with the CPG, Target, Shopper Marketing or digital vendor community
- Passion for and deep understanding of CPG, Target, and Shopper Marketing community-as a whole!
- Strong communication skills (in-person/on-the-phone presentations, email and general day-to-day in the office and with clients)
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task are imperative in this extremely fast-moving role
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of the business
- Go-getter mentality – ability to find new business (hot/cold leads), maintain and grow current business and constantly curate of pipeline of potential business
- Understanding of the mobile ecosystem and the various players in the space (location-based, attribution partners, programmatic, rich media providers, etc.)
- Ability to effectively and strategically complete RFP’s for CPG clients, proactively pitch strategic ideas to best serve your client’s needs.
- Strong ability to “close” or ask for the business after each pitch
- Experience selling Shopper Marketing and/or other CPG-oriented solutions. Prior digital media sales a plus, but not required
- Solution Oriented
- Results Driven
- Growth Mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.