Chief Data Scientist
Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
- Be responsible for the development strategy, technical path, and key technology direction.
- Work with engineering and platform teams on strategies for integrating machine learning products with distributed high frequency low latency systems.
- Represent the company as the scientific expert for patent applications, litigations, and industrial standard committees.
- Be a hands-on leader who is willing to roll up your sleeves and discussing technical details with your team members.
- Be an expert in machine learning and data mining algorithms and systems.
- Mentor team members and provide technical guidance.
- Recruit, manage, and grow a team of 10+ Data Scientists and Engineers.
- Work with product and business teams to drive production innovations and deliver science algorithms into productions.
- An expertise: Expert in Machine Learning and Data Science with an ability to recognize the limitations of approaches or dead-ends early on.
- Well organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver results in a timely manner.
- An excellent communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with all levels.
- A problem solver: Take initiatives and drive them to conclusions.
- Eager to learn and implement new technologies.
- Ph.D in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Math, Physics, Economics or another quantitative field.
- 10+ years of software engineering and scientific experience.
- 5+ years of experience in people management.
- Extensive experience in hands-on coding using Python, and C++ or Java.
- Experience in and broad knowledge of relational databases and the ‘big data’ ecosystem and tools.
- Experience in advertising domain, and geo-spatial technologies (highly preferable).
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.