Software Engineer, Platform
Mountain View, CA or Vancouver, Canada
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries.
- Design highly reliable, scalable systems to solve critical business problems.
- Write clean, testable code with an emphasis on performance and maintainability.
- Work closely with peers, architects, and product managers to define and develop solutions.
- Analyze and tune software performance.
- Build next-generation ad serving platform.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field; PhD is a plus.
- 0-3 years of software development experience.
- A strong grasp of fundamental data structures and algorithms.
- Strong coding skills in Java or C/C++.
- Experience in a scripting language.
- Passion, drive, and dedication to get things done.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
How you can impress us:
- Experience with Scala.
- Knowledge of Big Data/streaming technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Kinesis.
- Having previously worked with NoSQL database technologies such as Redis, Cassandra, Aerospike.
- Experience with server-side platforms and data infrastructure.
- Analysis and visualization of complex data sets.
- Knowledge of JVM performance analysis and troubleshooting.
- Having previously worked with ad serving technology.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.