Marketing Content Manager
New York or San Francisco | Marketing
A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
A bit about you
We are looking for a passionate storyteller to help develop engaging corporate marketing content that clearly articulates GroundTruth’s mission and value to customers. You are someone who likes to work across different teams including technology, product and sales. Preferably, you have some MarTech and AdTech experience and a basic understanding of advertising. The ideal candidate has written and/or contributed to various different forms of content such as blog posts, fact sheets, press releases, messaging documents and research.
You are a stickler for accuracy and quality. You get excited about introducing new technology solutions to the market. You are able to manage and contribute to multiple projects while working within a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment. You are comfortable with simplifying complicated, technical concepts for various types of audiences. You are a team player but can also work independently with little direction. You aren’t afraid to ask questions and willing to contribute where and when needed. This role will report to the Director of Content and Communications.
- Proactively work with GroundTruth Teams to identify and craft company success stories and news that we can share with customers, partners, and press
- Work closely with various internal and external stakeholders to create and distribute relevant communications including topic areas that fall within product and corporate performance
- Partner with the GroundTruth Insights Team to develop and publish data-focused content
- Help craft company news, thought leadership pieces and messaging materials
- Work closely with agency resources to provide support for PR programs such as award submissions, earned speaker placements, press engagement and thought leadership efforts
- Help grow and evolve GroundTruth’s content program by tracking and reporting on related quarterly metrics in order to guide the expansion and evolution of the program
- Work closely with other marketing team members to develop and curate content for the company newsletters, events, webinars and corporate web pages, including company blog
- Prioritize and manage projects as well as interact with department leaders to help ensure overall success
- Provide content counsel and support to internal clients, while managing internal stakeholders’ expectations
- Support go to market product and corporate programs
- Able to collaborate and be the point of contact with other business functions across the company to help identify news themes that promote the company’s leadership
- Flexible to ongoing change and willing to take on new challenges
- Self-motivated, proactive, efficient multi-tasker with a good sense of humor
- Demonstrates ownership, professionalism and people skills
- Someone who thrives in a startup environment
- Willing to contribute at all levels – ideation, planning and execution
- Open to feedback and have a voice on all parts of the Corporate Communications/ Content programs
This is our ideal wishlist, but most people don’t check every box on every job description. So, if you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 4+ years in B2B or technology related marketing content experience; agency experience a plus
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (writing samples required); ability to write, edit, publish content and implement stakeholder feedback
- Familiarity with AP Style guide and experience writing B2B related content; B2C industry knowledge a plus
- Marketo, WORDPRESS or Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in commonly used content development tools such as Microsoft Office applications and Google applications
- A strong attention to detail and well versed in corporate and creative writing styles
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress and social media measurement/ listening tools a plus
- Understanding of the digital, mobile, programmatic, ad ecosystem and emerging technologies with the use of ‘big data’ a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.