Platform Technical Lead
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
- Architect highly reliable, scalable systems to solve critical business problems.
- Hire, lead, and mentor a team of junior engineers to deliver high quality software.
- Write clean, testable code with an emphasis on performance and maintainability.
- Work closely with peers, architects, and product managers to define and design solutions.
- Analyze and tune complex systems to achieve key performance benchmarks.
- Identify areas of improvement and propose solutions.
- Work on mission critical systems that make up GroundTruth’s next-generation ad serving platform.
- Travel to Mountain View, CA once per quarter to sync with the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field; PhD is a plus.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience in recruiting, managing, and mentoring a small team.
- A strong grasp of fundamental data structures and algorithms.
- Fluency in C++.
- Strong architecture and system design skills.
- The ability to lead and drive a project to completion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
How you can impress us:
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Spatial indexing
- Distributed systems
- Server-side platforms and data infrastructure
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies/tools:
- Big data/streaming technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Mapreduce)
- NoSQL data stores (e.g. Aerospike, Redis, DynamoDB)
- AWS ecosystem (e.g. EMR, Lambda, Elasticache)
- Performance analysis and profiling tools (e.g. valgrind, oprofile, perf)
- Multi-threaded, event-driven servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx, Boost::asio)
- Ability to analyze and visualize complex data sets.
- Experience with ad serving technology.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.