Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
The Growth Data Analyst will interpret and translate data into actionable insights to inform growth and value optimization strategies across the WeatherBug growth organization.
You will work closely with the Growth Team Lead, Product, Design, Engineering, and Marketing teams to provide insights on:
- Growth experiments
- Impact of product changes on user behavior.
- Provide actionable insights from the growth experiments
- Understand core drivers of engagement to segment customers into meaningful and actionable cohorts
- Model CAC-LTV loop
- Bring a scientific approach to our hypothesis generation and experimental design
- Answer business-related questions through exploratory data analyses and ad-hoc reporting that drives acquisition, activation, retention, and monetization
- Analyze user behavior to inform design and product decisions
- Define proper measurable metrics/variables for analyzing a business problem and provide actionable recommendations
- Collaborate across teams in the organization to improve data-driven decision making
- Build data visualizations used by the Growth and Leadership teams
- An exceptional teammate who values empathy, respect, diversity, and inclusion in the collaboration with others
- Detail-oriented with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data into solid customer insights
- An effective communicator who is able to express sophisticated concepts effectively, able to tell a good story, and support it with numbers and visuals
- B.Tech or M.Tech Degree from a Tier 1 college in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or a similar quantitative field.
- Strong SQL skills
- 1-2 years of experience in working with data and conducting statistical and/or numerical analysis
- 1+ years of experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker or Tableau with Looker preferred.
- Understanding of how to design experiments in a rigorous and statistically significant way
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Startup experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.