Senior Software engineer (Back-end)
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth can learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast-Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
GroundTruth sits at the crossroad of offline and online advertising. We have institutional knowledge in driving visits to brick and mortar stores. We see billions of GPS signals monthly in our mobile network. We further enrich these Lat-long signals using our proprietary blueprint mapping technology. These high-quality visits form the foundation of our location intelligence data management platform that helps us identify visitation patterns and behavioral propensity. This intelligence is then fed into our omnichannel DSP to influence consumer behavior and drive store visitation. A combination of Data platform and DSP helps us identify users with a high propensity to visit a store with the lowest possible traffic acquisition cost. A simple business model like “Cost per visit” is powered by an extremely complex set of microservices involving mobile app, SDK, machine learning, large scale asynchronous distributed computing, Geo technologies, big data, full-stack SAAS apps. Our product managers and engineers are based out of Mountain View, Vancouver, New York, and Delhi India.
– 80% of the time will go in writing clean, testable code with an emphasis on performance and maintainability
– Develop new features and fix bugs
– Build reusable code and libraries for future use
– Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
– Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
– Participate in the code review process
Skills And Qualifications:
– Minimum 5 years experience with a B.E / B.Tech in CS or relevant fields.
– Experience developing consumer-facing applications
– Proficient with databases and SQL
– Experience in developing server side platforms, with a demonstrated ability to understand high performance, high-usage server side applications
– Experience with Docker
– Experience with at least one cloud services provider (AWS, Goodle Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
– A passion for continuous improvement and exploring new technologies.
– Competent in fundamental data structures, and algorithms
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
– You must have strong verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to write clean, readable, and maintainable code
Nice to have:
– Experience with AWS and MySQL specifically
– Full-stack development using Python, Java, Go, Node.js, etc.
– The ability to lead and drive a project to completion
How you can impress us:
– Being a full-stack developer with a broad and versatile coding skillset
– Worked in startups and enterprises with prototypes and ideas by efficiently building those things into reality
– Worked on interesting side projects
– Expertise in building MVPs, apps, enterprise software, scalable microservices, web crawlers, REST and Socket APIs, infrastructure modeling, AWS, and deployments
– Being the go-to guy for any of application development needs
We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.