Account Management, Client Services | Chicago
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
Account Managers at GroundTruth are product experts and along with our Account Executives, the client is at the core of everything they do. Account Managers are expected to provide the highest level of strategic pre-sale planning (account planning/media planning) and post-sale (insights) customer support focused on driving our client’s KPIs. The role owner will provide the highest level of customer service resulting in the flawless execution of their campaigns against the critical success factors of the client. This role requires a high degree of customer focus, standards of communication, numerical analysis and multi-tasking.
- Support campaigns within the Retail & Restaurant vertical
- Own pre- and post-sale operations support for the direct sales organization
- Own/utilize campaign data analytics and insights (i.e. best practices, historical performance data, case studies, analytics tools and client campaign history) to:
- Enhance account team and client knowledge, build strategic account plans, and drive a sales strategy
- Understand the data and use that data to “tell a story” to a client through reportable insights, wrap up reports, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations, acting as a point of contact for existing customers both direct and via media agencies and agency trading desks
- Recognize upsell opportunities; lead and influence clients to invest when opportunities arise
- Support the Account Executive throughout the sales process by being an active participant on client meetings, navigating and influencing clients’ personnel (planners and buyers) and complementing client objectives with GroundTruth’s product suite
- Be an expert in the vertical you work on and understand all challenges not only within that vertical, but the industry as a whole
- Client facing: comfortable working in a client-facing role in a fast-paced environment with frequent pressure to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strategic: understand components of selling opportunities and be able to articulate at a client level
- Analytical thinker: digest data, make conclusions and recommendations
- Problem solver: doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer; takes charge and feels ownership
- Organized: ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills
- Flexible: dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands
- A great communicator: you have strong written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable in engaging conversation with any level
- 4 – 5 years media experience in client-facing role
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Office Suite, PowerPoint or Keynote, and Salesforce
- Technical aptitude: you’re not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn them
- Advertising experience in the Retail & Restaurant vertical is a plus
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.