Manager, Software Engineering
Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
- Effectively manage projects for the team to ensure timely delivery, including spec review, task breakdown and assignment, delivery estimation, issue triage, and backlog grooming.
- Manage the output of internationally disperse team (Delhi, Vancouver, Mountain View).
- Travel to India frequently (twice per quarter) to ensure seamless Integration of India and North American teams.
- Retain a hands-on approach with an in-depth working knowledge of the code and the technologies involved; should be able to lend support where necessary and deliver software solutions individually.
- Collaborate with product, design, and QA to ensure engineering can deliver timely solutions that meet the business needs with a high degree of quality.
- Coordinate with other team leads on cross-team projects to ensure that both your and other teams are unblocked.
- Advocate for, evangelize, and implement engineering best practices on your team, and across the organization as a whole.
- Be an experienced and mentoring manager who can grow an organization and ensure it performs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Coding requirements:
- 2+ years of Python experience in a work setting.
- Solid data structures & algorithm foundation.
- Have successfully built scalable APIs according to best practices.
- Ability to debug code.
- MYSQL or other SQL knowledge.
- Server knowledge:
- Deploying scalable applications with uWSGI and NGINX.
- Load balancers.
- Distributed system knowledge.
- Knowledge and advocacy of software engineering best practices.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience working directly with product management teams.
- Experience with large consumer-facing applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.